Check your Loaders

J C Gordon

I troll on Performanceboats alot with the WFL crew and came across a thread about checking loaders, Ive been into jetboats for last 7 years and Ive seen some nasty wrecks due to loader failure. This is a reminder that you need to do regular checks for cracks and bends. If ya find either throw it away and buy new. Once a loader lets go your getting wet and possible loosing your boat or even worse, being killed in the wreck. Drill and tap completely through and put lock nuts on top side. This is just a reminder and only takes a couple of minutes. JC :smile17:

77Jet Star

J C Gordon said:
I troll on Performanceboats alot with the WFL crew and came across a thread about checking loaders, Ive been into jetboats for last 7 years and Ive seen some nasty wrecks due to loader failure. This is a reminder that you need to do regular checks for cracks and bends. If ya find either throw it away and buy new. Once a loader lets go your getting wet and possible loosing your boat or even worse be killed in the wreck. Drill and tap completely through and put lock nuts on top side. This is just a reminder and only takes a couple of minutes. JC :smile17:
Good advice jc I have seen one come loose and almost flip a boat he had failed to drill it all the way through

J C Gordon

Theres just too many wrecks going down here the last year or so that could have been prevented by checking these loaders. I paint my loaders white so if a crack presents itself I can see it easily. It will turn a rusty color where the crack is. Any boat even the ones with stock motors still are in danger of this happening. Just remember your under water hardware takes alot of abuse and needs to be checked on a regular basis. And checking the bolts is also needed for tightness and weakness. Guys it happens at the blink of an eye and by then its too late. Even the purple Cheyenne of Hi-Techperformance went down at San Angelo due to loader failure at the finish line. Driver sustained minor injuries but boat was totaled. Just something to thing about, I hate to see someone get hurt or loose their pride and joy over a $150-$200 part.

Here is a link to the loader read with pics. 
http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-boats/86441-folks-check-your-loaders.html