Cash Hole's new mill

78Kona

After being the slowest boat at the Playday last Sept I started on a new power plant.
I have gathered all the parts and am starting machine work  this week.
I am going with a 4340 Eagle 4.3 crank
eagle 6.8 H beam rods
Diamond flat top forged pistons 4.40 bore with Hellfire rings
Jon Kaase P-51 heads
Edelbrock Victer 4500 manifold
Comp roller lifters
Comp gold roller rockers with stud girdles
Holley 1050 dominator
cam still to be determined
After break in I will put a 200 shot on it.
I will post some pics of the build when I get started.
I may not be the fastest this year but I damn sure won't be the slowest. (I hope)
I am stoked for this summer. :smile20: :smile19: :smile20: :smile19:
Alan

STRETCH

Alan, the only reason I was out in front of you at Palestine was the un-fair 2 boat length advantage that I decided I needed when we lined up! :smile19:

Had we aired it out in the long run....wulp.... I probably wouldn't be so lucky! Awesome build sheet, looking forward to watching this beast come to life. Any plans with the pump?
Cheers!

78Kona

But you forgot about the 3 feet of ski rope wrapped around your pump shaft. :smile23:
I'm waiting for the dyno results to get the right cut on the impellar.
Alan

duanehydro

Made me go out and take a shot or 2 of my motor...wish I had waited for the p-51's...(please excuse the dust, wrong headers, etc... :smile21:

:smile20: 532" .080 4.3" 6.8"... 12.8 to one, 268 276 .726 .726 108° roller, TFS heads, 1050 bg dominator, .blah, blah....

78Kona

That's sweet Duane. :smile15:
After looking at all the different heads and pricing I felt the P-51's were the best for the buck.
I don't know if you ever dealt with Jon Kaase directly but you can't beat the service or pricing.
I can't wait to get this thing fired up.
Alan

78Kona

Well I've got everything for the motor but the cam and pushrods. Everything looks great.  :smile15: :smile15: :smile15:
BUT, I got my pink slip from work today so everything has to sit in the corner for awhile. :smile18: :smile18: :smile18: :smile18: :smile18:
Luckily I still have my 466 I can trow back in for the time being.
I'm kind of conflicted, I had been expecting this since I got crossways with the owners kid. I may just kick back for a little bit and check out the landscape for awhile.
I've got a clean CDL and a pretty impressive resume so I'm not going to sweat it right away.
It just sucks that as close as I am to my big motor it's going to have to wait for awhile. :smile21: :smile21: :smile21:
Alan

C

CorDog009

Sorry about the pink slip  :smile14:. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get one anytime soon. I've still got my CDL incase times get too hard.