Brendella, take a look

dragally

Do you think this boat could be fast with this runner bottom system?It looks like it would ride nice. LMK what you think.
jangles

brendella1.jpg

brendella4.jpg

3boatpaul

:smile15: look's to be a really clean boat , like the color combo and style , but not sure of the bottom configuration , looks  like a pretty pronounced v-bottom --more of a ski or cruise boat .  runner bottom's
are usually completly flat with a up step in the center, kind of like a mini tunnel .

vdrivenman

not saying i know much but i have seen several sangers like that and they are called gullwing bottoms.there was one that ran locally that was pretty quik and took a good set !!!!!!!!!!!!

dragally

Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and drove to Las Angeles and bought it. It's pretty nice. What a drive tho. Left here at 6am and got back at 5 pm. Part of that time was spent inspecting and so on. The only bad thing about it is it needs the prop reworked or replaced. Other than that it's darn near perfect. Been sitting in a mans garage for 6 years!

jdf

dragally said:
Thanks for the kind words. Now I just have to learn to drive it.  :smile16:
just use the down pedal and you will be fine get some seat time before you blow the doors off it .....they can and will get away from u fast i have had mine close to the edge a time or 2 .....wound up in the passenger seat once head first

dragally

I took this prop off and straightened it the best I could. I need to get a base before I go buying another prop. This one is
11 1/2 X 15. I don't know what gears are in it. Anyway to tell?

jdf

i would say u have 18's in  it ........to tell u need to pull the case apart the #'s r stamped on them

vdrivenman

there is a formula for determining the gears while in the case. i know it was on performance boats,but JJ can surely tell you more.

just like JDF said! these will bite u quik.so i recommend a kill switch and good life vest and smooth water. if u do any adjusting on the plates or motor position do it in small 1/8- 1/4 inch increments.

i also have found myself in the passenger seat!

Roman 1

Technically that hull is a v bottom. It's not a runnerbottom or a gullwing bottom. The Sangers that are often referred to as "gull wing" bottoms were called "gull" bottoms by Sanger not "gull wing" bottoms. The gull wing name was probably stolen from the cp jet hulls since they are a similar name.

The boat hull in question was designed as a ski/cruiser for people who want the look of a flatbottom with the luxurious ride of a v-bottom. A good all around boat that won't win any drag races ("real drag races") but will serve nicely for running a comfortable 75 across 6" chop.

Looks like a great boat.

RC

dragally

Roman 1 said:
Technically that hull is a v bottom. It's not a runnerbottom or a gullwing bottom. The Sangers that are often referred to as "gull wing" bottoms were called "gull" bottoms by Sanger not "gull wing" bottoms. The gull wing name was probably stolen from the cp jet hulls since they are a similar name.

The boat hull in question was designed as a ski/cruiser for people who want the look of a flatbottom with the luxurious ride of a v-bottom. A good all around boat that won't win any drag races ("real drag races") but will serve nicely for running a comfortable 75 across 6" chop.

Looks like a great boat.

RC

Yes to most of what you said. But it runs low 90s across the lake and rides really nice. It's also for sale minus motor. :cool: