Bad news

stud_rudd

So I took the boat out yesterday. Was coming through a no wake zone, got to the other side and hit somewhere areound 3000 to 4000 RPMs when I heard a loud *SNAP* and the enging ran rough as hell. I killed it and got towed in to dock. Today I took plugs out and one of the plugs was smashed. I pulled the head off and could not believe what I found. One of the valves sheard off right at the stem and fell in the cylinder. there is now a hole in the top of the piston big enough for me to put 3 fingers. the cylinder wall is partly scored and the head... well its tits up. i tore down the whole thing today and tomorrow morning im pulling the block out of the boat. If anyone has any sugesstions on anything i should do please let me know.

Scorpion King

Good luck on the rebuild............................... :smile21: :smile21:

They just don`t make "pistons" like they used to!!!!!!!!      :smile13:

C

CorDog009

I'm acutally hoping I grenade mine so I can build up a stroker motor  :smile12:

C

CorDog009

:smile13: Somebody might have to if I get shipped out to the desert too soon  :smile21:

Scorpion King

I knew you would miss the Desert!!!!
It kinda grows on ya.
Come on back, the weather is great here at Alasad Airbase.
Had a nice sand storm today, you could only see about 100 ft, it was great!!!!!

Attachments

• Beebe 028.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 136
C

CorDog009

Ugh, I sure don't miss those days  :smile14: Blowing your nose and having mud come out is something everybody needs to experience  :grin:  You know it's a good one when you can't even see the sun  :smile20:

Sweet Addiction

Put a sleeve in the one cylinder, new piston, new valves, and put back together.  Should get you through the summer. 

stud_rudd said:
So I took the boat out yesterday. Was coming through a no wake zone, got to the other side and hit somewhere areound 3000 to 4000 RPMs when I heard a loud *SNAP* and the enging ran rough as hell. I killed it and got towed in to dock. Today I took plugs out and one of the plugs was smashed. I pulled the head off and could not believe what I found. One of the valves sheard off right at the stem and fell in the cylinder. there is now a hole in the top of the piston big enough for me to put 3 fingers. the cylinder wall is partly scored and the head... well its tits up. i tore down the whole thing today and tomorrow morning im pulling the block out of the boat. If anyone has any sugesstions on anything i should do please let me know.

badblood

What pistons and rods are you running? I have some 10:1 speed pro forged pistons on 3/8 gm rods if you need a piston or two and a rod. e-mail me at 2badbloods@att.net if these will help you.