anyone here work with alpha drives?

duanehydro

Brent's son bought a 21' wellcraft daycruiser, with 350/alpha drive. I havn't looked at the boat, but he says that the lower unit will not trim at all, stuck half way up. says he hears a clicking only when trying to raise/lower. I assume this is an electric trim? anyone?

Knotty Girl

Duanehydro said:
Brent's son bought a 21' wellcraft daycruiser, with 350/alpha drive. I havn't looked at the boat, but he says that the lower unit will not trim at all, stuck half way up. says he hears a clicking only when trying to raise/lower. I assume this is an electric trim? anyone?

Most likely trim motor needs to be replaced.  You can jump across the terminals to see if it is the switch.

scarabscs

I it's wired like a bravo 1, which I'm sure it is, there are two relays. One for up, and one for down. Like Henry said, bridge a screwdriver across the up relay and see if it works. Do the same with the down relay. If you sill har clicking at the pump, check the wrong between relays and the pump. If they are good then it's probably the pump.

ChryslerJet

BTW those pumps have a 50 amp circuit breaker on them.  I have had one pop the breaker when the trim switch was sticking in the up position.

FL350

Administrator
Does it have 2 switches on the throttle? If it does there is one half way down marked trailer and a rocker switch marked up and down. That trailer switch is a backup for that rocker switch because those points on it will corrode or go out.