Alternative Chrome Processes

Dry Dock

If this stuff looks as good in real life as on web site it is good stuff.  I was impressed with the Killer chrome Spray kit and the Powda Chrome process.  May have to try the cheap kit and see how it work on small parts.

http://www.alsacorp.com/

customtouch

I looked into that stuff a while back and the more I researched & talked to people, the more I got scared of it. They're process seemed to be to much of a hit and miss with quality and durability. I saw them all at the SEMA show along with the color chromed King Sling of Dennis Anderson. The Spectra Chrome process seem a little better but it is expensive. I think I will give them all some time to work the bugs out before I buy into it. Here is the web sight for Spectra if you haven't seen it. www.spectrachrome.com

Devilman

what was the stuff they did on the Jay Leno show awhile back... some sort of spray chrome...

Here's a link to it. I can't wacth the vid, so not sure if its the same process as the ALSA stuff or something different.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/spray-on-chrome/1232328

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
I looked into that stuff a while back and the more I researched & talked to people, the more I got scared of it. They're process seemed to be to much of a hit and miss with quality and durability. I saw them all at the SEMA show along with the color chromed King Sling of Dennis Anderson. The Spectra Chrome process seem a little better but it is expensive. I think I will give them all some time to work the bugs out before I buy into it. Here is the web sight for Spectra if you haven't seen it. www.spectrachrome.com

You went to SEMA? Lucky!  :shocked:

customtouch

Knotty said:
customtouch said:

Yes, I went in 2010. I didn't make it last year but I am thinking of going this year. Lots of cool stuff there but nothing for boats. :smile25: The two coolest things I saw was the late model retro Camaro front end replacement and the biggest fricking Pro-Charger I have ever seen.

SimplyOrange

this has been out for a while and people seem to be getting good constant results with it.

http://secure.terrys.net/search.php?desc=mirra

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Knotty said:
customtouch said:

Have you seen the man's paint work? He should be at SEMA! :smile16:

Dry Dock

Jim "Renegade Cole Flat" In Abilene called and was looking for product we saw on Jay Leno's Garage show.  That was "Chrome Solutions". 

While searching for a place to buy came on the spray can process.  Know nothing about durability. Just found site and it looks good.  We all know how that can be?? ha. 

Jim going to give it a try and is going to spray couple parts for me.  Will upate when we get some results.

Met a Cobra kit car coming toward me in Arlington and whole body of car was done.  Wow... hate to drive into West Texas sun late in afternoon, but sure was pretty to look at.