ADAPTER FOR 4500 TO 4150 INTAKE

I have a 4500 1050 I have been using and it was suggested I could use an adapter to put the 4500 on the 4150 flange.  This is on a BBC. Not sure if it is cost effective or what the end result would be for performance. There are some reports to suggest positive results. The manifold is a set up for an offset magneto. It had some machine work to it and for the offset. I want to know what some of you all thoughts would be. Thank you

jimsplace

The adapters are readily available to use a Dominator Carburator on a standard flange manifold.  This may not be a good description, but the adapter just tapers down and bolts on the standard flange. 
That part is easy to install.

There are indications the adapter actually improves performance.
Talk to EO, he has first hand experience and is much more knowledgable than I am on the subject.  That, along with many other things too.
    :smile17:

jimsplace said:
The adapters are readily available to use a Dominator Carburator on a standard flange manifold.  This may not be a good description, but the adapter just tapers down and bolts on the standard flange. 
That part is easy to install.

There are indications the adapter actually improves performance.
Talk to EO, he has first hand experience and is much more knowledgable than I am on the subject.  That, along with many other things too.
    :smile17:
Thanks Jim. I have been ready and seen some good info and numbers. Then seen some pictures. EO'S turbo had that adapter and just saw the picture that Duane posted. Thank you Duane for that. I am looking into it. I appreciate all the responses i can get. Thank you