244mph Run at LOTO

customtouch

In the shadow of the tragic accident of Mike Fiore many didn't notice that a new speed record was set. The Qatar boat ran 244mph shattering the old record by 20mph. Too bad the teams effort was understandably muffled by the Passing of Mike because they were hauling azz!!!! Here is a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y1CI8EX7Azo

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Patchman said:
Knotty said:
Once Patch has his trim tap fixed he will be gunning for him.  :smile26:
My boat is not a cat killer! :smile30:

If they don't get out of the way when your backing it into your garage it could be!!!!
That's why I activate my reverse alarm when I'm at home! Don't want to run over no kats! :grin:

scarabscs

That is so fast its hard to wrap your mind around.  Look how fast the markers are flying by on the big end. 

Think if I put a 3000hp shot of nitrous on the Scarab it will run 244?  My trim tabs work  :smile27:

That Scarab got twins? If so maybe... Spirit of Qatar is running T55-L7C turbine engines, delivering around 2,900hp each...
How big would the bottle need to be for a 1 mile pass?

scarabscs

Dang guys, she's only a single. Guess I'll need at least a 6000 hp shot of dope. Let's see.... A hundred shot uses 1 lb of dope every 10 seconds..... So. That means I'll need about 1500 lbs of dope over 1 mile :)

Wonder if my motor will reach nitrous saturation at that size of a shot?

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
scarabscs said:
Dang guys, she's only a single. Guess I'll need at least a 6000 hp shot of dope. Let's see.... A hundred shot uses 1 lb of dope every 10 seconds..... So. That means I'll need about 1500 lbs of dope over 1 mile :)

Wonder if my motor will reach nitrous saturation at that size of a shot?
Yes! :evil: