Tintman's 1980 Youngblood TX19

TintMan

http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=6381.0
I guess around the first of june I went down south and George turned me on to this old youngblood. It was a solid boat but was in dire need of restoration. Many more months out in the weather and i think it would have been ruined! I've been gathering parts and SANDING for about 2 months now so i thought i'd post up my progress.I have to say thanks to all who have sold me parts and offered up good advice. This isnt my first resto by no means-I've done many in the past,but i have been boatless for 4 years while i built my house and other projects.My plans were ..and are to buy a new hull...but just getting back into boating by rebuilding this boat has been great! LOOK for me next year at some THB events! Thanks again to my friends-old and new! :smile15:
boatandhouse126.jpg

the old 80's lacquer candy had just a little shine left!
motorhome019.jpg

TintMan

finished up a few repairs to the bulkhead and seat mounts...then had a few friends help me flip it and i sanded the bottom-which was unbelievably smooth.here it is after all the fun...in epoxy.
camera08008.jpg

TintMan

sent the trailer for repairs-andand ordered me some seat shells from BIG DADDYS!-to keep the old boat LIGHT.this is after MORE sanding and sanding and sanding-in sealer ready for paint. :smile15:
camera08040.jpg

TintMan

Inspiration came from old bucks thread and the sunkist thread by image customs! You guys set the bar pretty high! Thanks to my bud TRICKPAINT-he squirted the bottom.
bottomofboat001.jpg

Yeah-we're redneck-so we painted it outside-but with a little rubbin-no one but the fish will know!
bottomofboat013.jpg

TintMan

got her back up right-now to finish up blocking and sealing the top..then the part i like-laying out the graphics.Its gonna be red,yellow :rolleyes: orange and purple. :smile15:
paintedjetbottom.jpg

TintMan

with all the work going on-i sent my parts to be built into a 498 stroker-with impatient ones advice and momma money-it should fly! Oh-the pump came out of the tx19 i bought from vdrivenman-got it all polished up ready to blast some water!
intake002.jpg

picsjuly08054.jpg

oldbuck40

TintMan said:
got her back up right-now to finish up blocking and sealing the top..then the part i like-laying out the graphics.Its gonna be red,yellow :rolleyes: orange and purple. :smile15:
paintedjetbottom.jpg
Man that thing is looking good! keep up the good work! :smile15:

TintMan

Now-while i'm finishing paint...i'm spending money on the new stuff...headers,guages ,steering,cables,new carbs,etc.etc.etc.Thanks again for all the help and inspiration! You guys know who you are and i'll keep you updated!

:smile10:

TintMan

Sweet Confusion said:
can ya'll do mine next?
NEXT? well-around the side of my shop is TRICKPAINT's tx18 and the tx19 that i bought from garry -it now belongs to another friend...so i guess you can be after that! :smile20:

vdrivenman

way to go scott!!! if mine doesn't sell i may drag it up to your shop and park it outside! u seem to have a thing for sellin boats!
if it doesn't sell it gets paint this winter.same orange as the truck with some purple and kawaski green striping!!!
course it won't have a 496 stroker in it!

TintMan

vdrivenman said:
way to go scott!!! if mine doesn't sell i may drag it up to your shop and park it outside! u seem to have a thing for sellin boats!
if it doesn't sell it gets paint this winter.same orange as the truck with some purple and kawaski green striping!!!
course it won't have a 496 stroker in it!
:smile15: bring it-it wouldnt hurt to try! :grin: A owe you a favor...you started all this! :smile23:

pro53

Lookin good Scott  :smile15: About damn time you started a thread :rolleyes:
Cant wait to start painting my Flatty  :grin: