EFI in a jet boat?

Esabataj Jr

Any of you old timers ever dabble with efi on a tunnel ram.  And how would you run an o2 sensor with wet headers???

Don

I saw a duel EFI setup on a tunnel ram this weekend on the internet looked pretty sweet I'll try to find it again they may have been Holley's

FL350

Administrator
I did one a couple of years ago for a customer, but it was a single carb. Still working great.

Don

I'm seriously thinking about it. Theirs a couple of videos on the link

https://www.speedwaymotors.com/FiTech-30062-Go-EFI-2x4-625-HP-Dual-Quad-EFI-System-Black,270998.html?

Attachments

• DUEL EFI.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 48

jimsplace

I assume everyone read the original post, including the part about using wet headers.  How is that done?  My O2 sensors specifically indicated they shouldn't get wet. 
Is there a special type of sensor used?
    :smile17:

Don

jimsplace said:
I assume everyone read the original post, including the part about using wet headers.  How is that done?  My O2 sensors specifically indicated they shouldn't get wet. 
Is there a special type of sensor used?
    :smile17:
This is a problem I'm running into also I'm ready to order the setup but water is a problem with o2 sensors I'll continue to research it

customtouch

Only way I  have ever seen it done on any boat is with some form of water jacketed header or exhaust system instead of water injected. The O2 sensor is mounted into the dry section of the pipe. A water jacketed header system is not cheap though. Other then that you would need to run OT dry headers to make it work.

customtouch

It would also depend on if the system needed constant feed back from the o2 sensor to function or if the sensor was only needed to set the initial afr. If it didn't depend on it to work you could weld in a bung for the sensor and run the headers dry just long enough to set the afr. Then  remove the sensor & plug the hole to inject water for normal use. Still, as Patch stated, it is much easier, cheaper and will probably perform just as well with a good carb.

Drumzilla

Yep...My 1050 carb acts just fine... :smile17:

And Patch helped me with it many moons ago.. thats actually how i met him.. Thanks Steve..

And he worked his butt off on my Carrera at Welchfest..  clap.gif

How many guys does it take to work on a boat ?    5 .. Steve and 4 others drinkin beer,,:)

DSCN1194_zpsjublhf2d.jpg