Camper sold and customer satisfied!

oldbuck40

You guys know that selling stuff can be hard at times trying to make people happy is another question in itself.    Several weeks ago I had an older man call me about my fifth wheel from down around Sam Rayburn lake area and ask all sorts of questions about the trailer,, I was upfront and honest about everything I knew about the trailer and what had been done to it over the years.

Well he said he was coming to look at it on a Wednesday at 8 AM,,He showed up on the spot at 8,,yea I was surprised because most say they will and never call or show up.

After showing him everything he said the only reason he was giving me this handful of cash was because I was honest about the whole transaction. Made my day for sure and made his too.

He has since called me several times after camping in it just to tell me how much he and his grandkids have enjoyed the trailer.

I got more enjoyment from his phone calls than I ever would have from just the money.
I'm thankful there are still people out there like this.

Be as honest an upfront as you can when selling! You never know how much you will receive in return!

Devilman

That's cool man, glad it was a positive experience. Far as honesty, it's just best to be upfront as you can, trying to hide something usually finds a way to come back & bite ya in the ass some way or another, lol. When we sold that little moho I wish it would have gone as smoothly as your deal did. Guy only called me back to cry about stuff.  :rolleyes:

Not sure if I told ya, but Carole sold her little convertible... Had some tire kickers, low ballers, flakes, etc... but some dude came along & was probably the least painless transaction I've ever been a part of. Told him everything we had done to it & what little history we had on it. Guy looked it over, started it, tried the a/c, shut it off & gave her an envelope full of cash. Asked him if he wanted to test drive it & he said nah, I'll be driving it home here in a minute. Anything comes up I'l call ya. Next morning met her at the tax office to sign it over & done deal. No dragging out the paperwork, etc...

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
That's cool man, glad it was a positive experience. Far as honesty, it's just best to be upfront as you can, trying to hide something usually finds a way to come back & bite ya in the ass some way or another, lol. When we sold that little moho I wish it would have gone as smoothly as your deal did. Guy only called me back to cry about stuff.  :rolleyes:

Not sure if I told ya, but Carole sold her little convertible... Had some tire kickers, low ballers, flakes, etc... but some dude came along & was probably the least painless transaction I've ever been a part of. Told him everything we had done to it & what little history we had on it. Guy looked it over, started it, tried the a/c, shut it off & gave her an envelope full of cash. Asked him if he wanted to test drive it & he said nah, I'll be driving it home here in a minute. Anything comes up I'l call ya. Next morning met her at the tax office to sign it over & done deal. No dragging out the paperwork, etc...
Absolutely the best way I agree! I only wish the right one would come along first instead of all the flakes and tire kickers lol,,yea I know wake up!

Devilman

yeah that ain't no lie, haha. We had one young couple (boyfriend/girlfriend) show up & the guy didn't know what a standard transmission was, I shit you not! I thought he was playing, messing around with us. Carole & I looked at each other, then happened to make eye contact with his chick & the look she gave said he really didn't know! Can you imagine, not knowing what a standard transmission is?? crazy.gif His chick knew though, so we let her explain it to him. :smile16:

oldbuck40

Devilman said:
yeah that ain't no lie, haha. We had one young couple (boyfriend/girlfriend) show up & the guy didn't know what a standard transmission was, I shit you not! I thought he was playing, messing around with us. Carole & I looked at each other, then happened to make eye contact with his chick & the look she gave said he really didn't know! Can you imagine, not knowing what a standard transmission is?? crazy.gif His chick knew though, so we let her explain it to him. :smile16:
I bout fell outta my chair reading! NO I cant imagine. hahaha guess he got his man card revoked later that day!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on your sale sir! Does that mean you aren't going camping with us anymore? :smile21: :smile25:

Devilman

DISTURBED said:
HEY, what's this extra pedal for? 

crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Yeah just about like that, lol. Like I said I really thought the dude was playing... till his woman spoke up.

Guy: I see 3 pedals, whats the one on the far side?

Me: Far side? Where?

Guy: On the left, close to the door. There is the skinny one on the right which I know is the gas pedal, & assume the one next to it is the brake?

Me & Carole look at each other: That's the clutch, it's a standard. It says so in the ad.

Guy: Standard?

Me: Standard transmission, you shift the gears yourself. A 5 speed. You know what a 5 speed is right or you just messin with me...

Guy:  Oh wow, I thought so, but wasn't sure. No no I'm serious I never been around one.

Me & Carole look at each other again, then notice his chick with a look on her face, lol.

Chick: Babe, remember what we were talking about, ABC? Accelerator, Brake, Clutch?

Guy: Oh yeah yeah, you're right!

crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif crazy.gif

Devilman

whitetrash148 said:
Let me guess, he was looking at and punching buttons on his phone the whole time he was there. No more gear heads. Sad.

Actually he was very attentive, respectful, asked a lot of questions. While talking he said he had been in the Army... He never said what he did, but I was surprised that with a military background he had never been exposed to a vehicle or piece of equipment with a manual transmission..?
Definitely not a gear head though, you right about that...

But in the end he low-balled so my wife sent him packing, lol!

Devilman

Patchman said:
I have seen more of his type in society now. They are no longer in the closet! :evil:

Yep. I'm wondering how long it'll be before Tim makes the "hydro driver" comment, lol! countdown in 3... 2... 1...

Disturbed

Devilman said:
Patchman said:
I have seen more of his type in society now. They are no longer in the closet! :evil:

Yep. I'm wondering how long it'll be before Tim makes the "hydro driver" comment, lol! countdown in 3... 2... 1...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Hydro drivers have a hard time doing two things at once but, I'll give them a little credit.  I know a couple that can drive a tractor.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Hydro drivers have a hard time doing two things at once but, I'll give them a little credit.  I know a couple that can drive a tractor.

Drive a tractor and mow at the same time? :smile21:

Devilman

Patchman said:
Congrats on your sale sir! Does that mean you aren't going camping with us anymore? :smile21: :smile25:

You know he's a baller, he has another one already.  :smile13: bling.gif :smile27:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Not going THAT far.  LOL

oldbuck40

Patchman said:
Still going camping just had too many campers! We still have a 31 ft gooseneck at the house we have been working on restoring some of the wore out stuff and wife is doing an interior makeover on it. The other one was just a little too small for us and the pups lol

Knotty Girl

DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Not going THAT far.  LOL

Ok all you wise guys, I can drive anything

Disturbed

Knotty said:
DISTURBED said:
Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Devilman said:
Patchman said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Not going THAT far.  LOL

Ok all you wise guys, I can drive anything

Once.....