77 Southwind Tunnel Dragster

customtouch

I have an opportunity to pick up a 77 Southwind Tunnel Dragster and I'm looking for some real world feed back from people that have owned or had experience with them. How would the boat handle 650-700hp and would that power push the boat anywhere close to triple digits. I know it will depend a lot on the jet but even with the right pump how would the hull handle and what kind of speed should I expect? Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated. BTW it has a Berkeley pump on it but I have no idea of what has been done to it. Thanks.

Attachments

• 26167420_347197212414989_591874424631319934_n.png
    26167420_347197212414989_591874424631319934_n.png
    445.8 KB · Views: 437
  • IMG_1355.JPG
    IMG_1355.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 20190402_193753.jpg
    20190402_193753.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 452

customtouch

Devilman said:
Dang that thing looks pretty clean!  bling.gif

It is supposed to be pretty nice and ready to just drop my motor in and go but you know how that is! Big draw back is I will have to go to California to get it and finding time for that is going to be hard. Plan is to just run this one until I get the Cole done. At least I would have a floating engine stand for my motor!!  LOL!!  :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I would think it will handle the power fine. As to how fast it would be, that's a good question.  think.gif

Devilman

customtouch said:
It is supposed to be pretty nice and ready to just drop my motor in and go but you know how that is! Big draw back is I will have to go to California to get it and finding time for that is going to be hard. Plan is to just run this one until I get the Cole done. At least I would have a floating engine stand for my motor!!  LOL!!  :grin:

It certainly appears so in the pics. But, if you are running that one, when will you have time to work on the Cole?  :smile28:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, you mite just fall in love with that jet and leave that v-drive in the corner collecting dust! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

customtouch

Devilman said:
customtouch said:

It certainly appears so in the pics. But, if you are running that one, when will you have time to work on the Cole?  :smile28:

I can't answer that......but maybe running this will give me the motivation to get back on it so I can REALLY go fast. Works out great on paper anyway!!  LOL!!

customtouch

Patchman said:
I don't know, you mite just fall in love with that jet and leave that v-drive in the corner collecting dust! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I might like it..........but I somehow doubt if I will like it "that" much!! crazy.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
You know you are an in the closet squirt boat guy! think.gif Well not exactly in the closet now are you! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: