Compression Question

customtouch

I have a set of old 202 camel hump heads that I was debating about putting on my corvette but I am pretty sure that they would create too much compression for pump gas. The motor is a stock 1982 L-83 350 that has 9:0/1 compression with 76cc combustion chambers. The 202's have a 63cc combustion chamber and I am trying to figure out what my compression ratio would be if I were to install them. I realize there are a lot of other factors that affect the exact outcome but I am just trying to get a pretty close idea of what I would be looking at. Can anyone here give me a pretty close estimate of what the ratio would be?

Disturbed

I'm thinking you'd be OK using 93 octane and keeping it a little on the conservative side with the timing.  You could take any rough edges off of the pistons too. 
https://www.summitracing.com/expertadviceandnews/calcsandtools/compression-calculator

customtouch

Patchman said:
I think it would be married to Super Unleaded if you do that.  :smile20:

I don't mind that locally cause I run 93 in it anyway. Problem is when you take it other places (NM as example only has 90 as premium )  I don't want to burn it down!

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well like Tim said, keep the timing back and it would probably do fine on the 90 as well. But I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Paint it and go work on your boat! :smile30: :smile30: :smile30: :smile30: :smile30:

Knotty Girl

Patchman said:
Well like Tim said, keep the timing back and it would probably do fine on the 90 as well. But I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Paint it and go work on your boat! :smile30: :smile30: :smile30: :smile30: :smile30:

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

customtouch

Patchman said:

Well..........at least I haven't pulled the cap off it yet!!! :grin:

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
customtouch said:
Patchman said:

Well..........at least I haven't pulled the cap off it yet!!! :grin:
I'll probably have to quite talking too you if you do!!! crazy.gif crazy.gif