Lake Medina This Weekend!!!

customtouch

I think Texas Jet and myself are going there this weekend to check it out since all the other lakes are screwed up.  Who else wants to go?  Let's get a group going!!!

Chevy2184

We are gonna try to make it over Sunday? Not sure what time? But would love to meet up with y'all...

Sent from my shop setting in my boat making motor noises

mrgoslow

tex, ive stayed twice at medina lake rv resort. they rent cottages. they were nice several years ago. they have a boat ramp.

Chevy2184

That is a nice spot! And on  a nice part of the lake... Pretty much all good bottom on that side... You can pretty much launch from the bank on that side of the lake...

customtouch

Looks like I will be staying local this weekend too. I still want to make it to Medina and Canyon sometime in the future though. Maybe someone will get an event going there someday! HINT HINT!! :smile30: :grin:

Don

customtouch said:
Looks like I will be staying local this weekend too. I still want to make it to Medina and Canyon sometime in the future though. Maybe someone will get an event going there someday! HINT HINT!! :smile30: :grin:
We will be on Canyon the weekend of July 23rd

Devilman

That cool water sounds good, but we'll be staying local this weekend. Is there a lot of parks or campgrounds on Medina? We've only been to one, Thousand Trails or something like that? We also put in at Pop's Place once few years ago, but don't recall much about the campground part of it.

Chevy2184

I'm pretty sure their is 3 state parks on the lake?

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/lakes/medina/access.phtml

Then their is thousand trails and medina county park... And a handful of other private parks...

Devilman

After looking at that map, we hardly saw any of the lake at all from Pop's Place, just barely got out of the river into the body of the lake that time. Other time we put in we camped at Thousand Trails. Damn that was awhile ago thinking back on it now.

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
That was definitely a fun weekend. I'd like to get back too Medina if possible! :smile17:

Chevy2184

My little brother was at the lake last weekend and said he seen prob 6-7 jet boats running around... Might be a nice crowed this weekend? Weather for Saturday looks good...

Devilman

Yeah last I checked weather supposed to be good. Want to try & get back up there. Brother's daughter graduation party this weekend, but we'll be at the lake here at least. :cool:

Chevy2184

Yeah we need to get some of y'all up this way for a little get together this year...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Chevy2184 said:
Yeah we need to get some of y'all up this way for a little get together this year...

Word!