El Reno Outlaw race July 11-12

Carnivalride

Here's a cheap, fun little 1000' race for you guys to try. Several classes and cheap entry fees with all entry fee money being paid out in prize money.  :smile17:

Carnivalride said:
Here's a cheap, fun little 1000' race for you guys to try. Several classes and cheap entry fees with all entry fee money being paid out in prize money.  :smile17:
This will be fun

Disturbed

TexasJet said:
With Whitney +20' and Waco +10' do you really think it's gonna happen?

Barring new rains, yes.  Current discharge rates will have those lakes near normal full levels by July 4th.

blazeracer

Carnivalride said:

I'm all in.. Even heard from an SDBA guy that this will be better than Waco, so he's going to El Reno. I know Chop and a few other Outlaws are going. Nordic Hammer will be there also.

FL350

Administrator
What SDBA guy? Better? Highly doubtful! Probably some flag or arm drop stuff. What kind of rescue people? Payout? Why not go to Waco run the new lake racer class? Get a time slip and run a real start. Plus its a closer drive.

Carnivalride

FL350 said:
What SDBA guy? Better? Highly doubtful! Probably some flag or arm drop stuff. What kind of rescue people? Payout? Why not go to Waco run the new lake racer class? Get a time slip and run a real start. Plus its a closer drive.

Well for me it's closer and cheaper. Last year El Reno cost me $50 and I could use all my own safety gear. Chouteau cost me $350 and I had to borrow a helmet, life jacket and impact shorts. Basically for me to start running SDBA I'll need to spend about $800+ on new safety gear and all but 2 races are over 6 hours away. I prefer the clock start and index classes seem to be more fair. But for $50 you can hangout with friends and with double elimination you'll run at least twice.

Just my $.02

Disturbed

Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:

Well for me it's closer and cheaper. Last year El Reno cost me $50 and I could use all my own safety gear. Chouteau cost me $350 and I had to borrow a helmet, life jacket and impact shorts. Basically for me to start running SDBA I'll need to spend about $800+ on new safety gear and all but 2 races are over 6 hours away. I prefer the clock start and index classes seem to be more fair. But for $50 you can hangout with friends and with double elimination you'll run at least twice.

Just my $.02

Definitely makes sense for you.  I'm looking at a 10 hour drive to get there vs. 3 hours to Waco.  However, I would get to drive my flat instead of wrench on a hydro.

think.gif

This suddenly got perplexing.  think.gif

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
DISTURBED said:
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:

Just my $.02

Definitely makes sense for you.  I'm looking at a 10 hour drive to get there vs. 3 hours to Waco.  However, I would get to drive my flat instead of wrench on a hydro.

think.gif

You don't want to drive your boat anyway! crazy.gif

Carnivalride

DISTURBED said:
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:

Just my $.02

think.gif

The 10 hour drive both way is what gets me. If I had 4 races within 4 hours like I used to back in the CSDBA days I'd buy new safety gear and run ME. But with Chouteau and Wheatland being the closest and everything else going 6 hours plus its tough. Right now even though I have vacation my jobs isn't letting me use it and to do a race like Waco I'd need to take the Friday before and Monday after. I can't do it this year but I keep hoping.  :smile19:

Disturbed

Patchman said:
DISTURBED said:
Carnivalride said:
FL350 said:

Just my $.02

think.gif

You don't want to drive your boat anyway! crazy.gif

Bullshit!  I just can't stand an oil leak.  Its fixed for sure now.  :smile16:

blazeracer

Lake Racer has a $150 entry fee. No eliminations, no payout. It's a grudge race class with timing lights. It's also restriceted to boats 80mph and slower. I'd have to de-tune to run it.

I'll take double eliminations and run all out over having to slow it down any day.

$150 with no payout vs $50 and chance of a payout is a no brainer.

http://www.sdbaracing.com/html/lake_racer.html

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Street race vs track race! Age ol debate. One caters to one crowd and the other caters to the other!  :smile14:

blazeracer

Patchman said:
Street race vs track race! Age ol debate. One caters to one crowd and the other caters to the other!  :smile14:

I used to go to "run what ya brung" night every Friday night at Pueblo Motor Sports Park when I was stationed at Ft. Carson. It cost like $10 a night to bracket race for a trophy and you didn't have to back off your tune or shoot for an index. Dial in a time and run it all out.

If SDBA could even come CLOSE to what an asphalt track could do, I'd be all over it. I'd gladly pay $50 to dial a time and run against other boats that have to run their dial.

When I ran at Pueblo, I had an 11 second bike which at times I had to run against 16 and 17 second cars. I always ran my dial and would kill em. That is some fun shit right there. Prolly why there's about 2,000 guys racing cars for every one of us draggin a boat.

Knotty Girl

Not trying to start an argument, everyone has their opinion. I just want to say for me safety is a major factor. I was lucky and walked away from a crash that could have easily ended my life. I appreciate SDBA having driver safety number one of their objectives. I have seen so many stupid things at these run what you brung deals.  Everyone who thinks it could not happen to them are the most surprised at the hospital. SDBA is a quality organization that I am proud to be a part of, until you get involved with them you really do not know the extent. Ok off my soap box now.