Toys for Tots 2014

Last Mohecian

Administrator
I am working to organize the 3rd annual Toys for Tots drive.  We had a phenomenal event last year and a great one the year before.  My goal for this year is 1000 toys.  Trust me when I say for an event that size it is going to take a lot of work and a substantial parking lot.  It is making it a little harder to find a place to host it.  We may have to deal with permits and insurance.  I do not want to spend that money there.  I want it to go to the kids.  I do not have any information to pass along yet.  Just wanted you guys to know I am working on it.  As soon as I have any information I will let you know.  For those of you asking on FB you can relay your questions through Jason Lee.  He is in direct contact with me on this event.

Matt

Update:
Bring a new unwrapped toy (or toys) and come hang out with us at The Pig Bar n Grill. If you have a cool ride, bring it! If you don't have a cool ride, bring a toy and come hang out anyway. The Pig Bar N Grill has a 5 acre fenced off parking lot that will be dedicated to this show. There will be a live band. The food is great, The beer is cold, the prices are good and they can serve in the parking lot. I can not say who yet but there will be several TV personalities in attendance. This is a great venue and they are thrilled to have us. The Cowboys have a bye that weekend so no excuses. Mark your calendars for the afternoon of Sunday November 16th, 2014. I will post more details as I get them confirmed but the date and location are set in stone at this point. Start spreading the word. We made a difference last year. Let's touch even more kiddos this year.

The main purpose of this event it to collect toys for Toys for Tots. This is not a judged event and there are no awards. No registration required. I know this will come up so I will address it now, at the owner's request, No Pets.

Hope to see you there!!!
Matt

Update 10/2/14:
The band is booked.  Danny Johnson out of Sanger TX.  This kid is an amazing guitarist.  They have a 3 piece family band (two brothers and the dad).  They cover anything from classic rock to current hits.  Check him out!!!
https://www.facebook.com/DannyJohnsonOfficial

Update 10/8/14:
Here is a link to a PDF copy of the flyer if anyone wants to print some to hand out.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd1rdzotwv7vmgz/ThePigToysForTots%20flyer.pdf?dl=0

Update 10/16/14
I can now confirm Jordan Butler and Tom Smith from the new show Misfit Garage will be in attendance!!!!

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/OhOneWS6/Toys%20For%20Tots

%202014/ThePigBnG_zps0d3fe3bc.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/thepigbarandgrill

The Pig Bar N Grill
11476 Harry Hines Blvd
Dallas, Texas

TFT2014Banner_zpsa931893f.jpg

Knotty Girl

You did an awesome job last year and I will do my best to bring Lucky Draw back aging.  clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Last Mohecian

Administrator
I am working diligently on this.  I am in communication with Toys for Tots.  I need to finalize a couple of details on what I believe will be a great venue.  This should shape up to be another great event.  I can't post details on date or location yet but I hope be able to share those details by early next week.

Matt

Last Mohecian

Administrator
Updated the first post. We have a fantastic location this year. Will post more details as I confirm them. Big thanks to Wiqed and the guys at The Pig for joining forces with us this year.

Last Mohecian

Administrator
The show looks like it is going to be a good one. Jordan, Tom & Sue from Misfits Garage / Fast & Loud will be in attendance. We have some cool rides lined up to attend and a great band. This cold front may hinder attendance a little but we are not going to let a little cold keep us from collecting toys. Come on Sunday!!!!

Last Mohecian

Administrator
The weather hurt us a little this year.  We still managed to collect 220 toys and ~$300 cash.

Here is a second chance to donate toys for those of you that did not make it out on Sunday. Blackie and I will be a Keller's on Northwest Hwy from 2:00 to 5:00 this coming Sunday November 23rd to collect toys again. I will have a trailer with me for the toys. Spread the word!!!

Keller's Drive In
6537 E Northwest Hwy
Dallas, TX 75231