OUTLAWS JULY 4TH 2014 GATHERING BROKEN BOW

hobbs

Outlaws July 4th Gathering Broken Bow Lake July 3rd-6th. As most of you guys and gals know this is the Biggest Gathering of the year so mark it on your calenders and get your boats in line because its gonna be one hell of a PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jump.gif

Crusader

Hey Hobbs...hope you don't mind however I also created an event over on FagBook too....

This should be a great time!

https://www.facebook.com/events/236722243201085/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

hobbs

Cliff not a problem at all that way everyone can see it. I guess I need to get a dam fb so I can post this stuff on there instead, but most of you guys have helped out on posting it for me thanks.

Crusader

hobbs said:
Cliff not a problem at all that way everyone can see it. I guess I need to get a dam fb so I can post this stuff on there instead, but most of you guys have helped out on posting it for me thanks.

Lol.....get with the times brother! Just kidding....

Glad I could help.... we really do enjoy your event every year...

How come the Youngblood page hasn't been updated lately?

TexasJet

Wellllll, 7 hours up and 7 hours back. IT WAS WORTH THE DRIVE!!!! The lake is beautiful, clear water with that tea colored tint. The lake is surrounded by forrests. I didn't see any bulkheads.

Friday we ran around on the lake for an hour trying to find this "jet boat cove". Finally found it. It's a deep cove perfect for racing. At least 42 boats, no outboards and maybe 1 or 2 vdrives. After the races Friday I tried to find my way back to the launch ramp by myself and got sorta lost. Ran out of fuel and got towed in by a pontoon boat. No so bad cause there was a big ol' girl on the toon dancing to some music. Like grinding on her boyfriend. Kind of entertaining if you've had enough to drink.

Saturday was much more organized. We went directly from the ramp to the jetboat cove. A full day of side by side racing, very entertaining. Perfect water in the cove. There were a lot of very fast boats there. Saturday night we went to the Outlaw camp for a brisket buffet. WOW, those folks know how to put out a spread. The table must have been 60' long serving on both sides. Desserts at the end, naturally.

Met a lot of really nice folks. The Outlaw Bunch knows how to party. Kudos to Hobbs, he was top dog.

Now to the personals: Friday I was undefeated in 5 or 6 races. I had to work on my hole shot and throttle consistency.
                                Saturday I was getting more consistent at the hole shot and throttle management. I was undefeated, until, I ran a boat (I
                                              found out after the race) had a 632 CI with a 400 shot of NOS. I didn't see the NOS set up and he beat me buy
                                              4 boat lengths and was pulling away. I raced him again and I had a much better hole shot but he still beat me by
                                              2 boat lengths and again was pulling away.

My best speed was 95 mph on the gps in 800 feet. They had an orange starting buoy and one at the 800 foot mark.   

Black chose not to race or make a pass. He did enjoy crusing and watching the other racers.

Thanks to Mike (Central Texas Jets) for solving a little electrical gremlin Friday morning. Mike rode with me on the first few passes to watch the guages. Since this was the first time I'd really mashed the peddle and stayed in it that took some stones on his part!!!

Pics to follow as I get them loaded.

Crusader

TJ, thanks for finding this thread...I was looking for it too. You ran really well sir!

This event was probably one of the best times I've ever had. There were some incredible lines ups and one of the most impressive was when Pat Hobbs ran against another Cheyenne....wow those guys were fast.

Carnivalride

TexasJet said:
Wellllll, 7 hours up and 7 hours back. IT WAS WORTH THE DRIVE!!!! The lake is beautiful, clear water with that tea colored tint. The lake is surrounded by forrests. I didn't see any bulkheads.

Friday we ran around on the lake for an hour trying to find this "jet boat cove". Finally found it. It's a deep cove perfect for racing. At least 42 boats, no outboards and maybe 1 or 2 vdrives. After the races Friday I tried to find my way back to the launch ramp by myself and got sorta lost. Ran out of fuel and got towed in by a pontoon boat. No so bad cause there was a big ol' girl on the toon dancing to some music. Like grinding on her boyfriend. Kind of entertaining if you've had enough to drink.

Saturday was much more organized. We went directly from the ramp to the jetboat cove. A full day of side by side racing, very entertaining. Perfect water in the cove. There were a lot of very fast boats there. Saturday night we went to the Outlaw camp for a brisket buffet. WOW, those folks know how to put out a spread. The table must have been 60' long serving on both sides. Desserts at the end, naturally.

Met a lot of really nice folks. The Outlaw Bunch knows how to party. Kudos to Hobbs, he was top dog.

Now to the personals: Friday I was undefeated in 5 or 6 races. I had to work on my hole shot and throttle consistency.
                                Saturday I was getting more consistent at the hole shot and throttle management. I was undefeated, until, I ran a boat (I
                                              found out after the race) had a 632 CI with a 400 shot of NOS. I didn't see the NOS set up and he beat me buy
                                              4 boat lengths and was pulling away. I raced him again and I had a much better hole shot but he still beat me by
                                              2 boat lengths and again was pulling away.

My best speed was 95 mph on the gps in 800 feet. They had an orange starting buoy and one at the 800 foot mark.   

Black chose not to race or make a pass. He did enjoy crusing and watching the other racers.

Thanks to Mike (Central Texas Jets) for solving a little electrical gremlin Friday morning. Mike rode with me on the first few passes to watch the guages. Since this was the first time I'd really mashed the peddle and stayed in it that took some stones on his part!!!

Pics to follow as I get them loaded.

Thanks for the run down, sure hope those pics are up soon for those of us that couldn't make it.  :smile25:

TexasJet

Didn't I put some pics up here a few days ago?

Anyway, this first one is the cabin we stayed in. Second, is me being towed in Friday when I ran out of fuel. Third, is a street rod that showed up at the barbacue Saturday evening.

Attachments

• 1404575615535.jpg
    1404575615535.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 171

Knotty Girl

TexasJet said:
Didn't I put some pics up here a few days ago?

Anyway, this first one is the cabin we stayed in. Second, is me being towed in Friday when I ran out of fuel. Third, is a street rod that showed up at the barbacue Saturday evening.

Ran out of gas "WHAT  :smile26:" I would never do that.  :smile16:

TexasJet

I did it two days in a row in the Baja one summer. Damn gas gauge lied.

Last Friday evening I was wandering around trying to find the launch ramp. That lake must have a million coves and they all look alike from out on the lake. Even the people that towed me in went to two other ramps first.

jimsplace

TexasJet said:

Last Friday evening I was wandering around trying to find the launch ramp. That lake must have a million coves and they all look alike from out on the lake. Even the people that towed me in went to two other ramps first.

There's a do-dad called a GPS. 
Sometimes they're used to help find your way back to where you started.
Some people think they're for showing how fast you're going or have been.

They're kind of neat.
  :smile17:

TexasJet

jimsplace said:
TexasJet said:

There's a do-dad called a GPS. 
Sometimes they're used to help find your way back to where you started.
Some people think they're for showing how fast you're going or have been.

They're kind of neat.
  :smile17:

In hind sight, I had my todamnsmart phone with me. Just didn't think of it.

TexasJet

If anyone wants to see the pics from this event : http://www.youngbloodjetboats.com/BB_07_2014/index.htm

Just tried it and it works!