Is it important to name your boat?

SyTy Speed Shop

Ive always seen boats that are named, and never really understood the reason why, i know alot of project cars get named, and i personally cant stand for stupid car names, but with a boat is it a superstition kind of thing?

With that being said, im looking for some help in finding a good name for my new water toy!!  Pic is to the left, and also in the members ride threads.

HellinnFrnt

I don't know that it's a superstition thing as much as you want to put a name to where your money goes to besides ... " That G** D****D Hole in the Water " ...My personal favorites are ... "This One Doesn't Wear Shoes" and "Doesn't Complain" ...see where we're going here?

KONA77

some people do and some don't,  sometimes it's easier to name a boat after you have it for a bit,  like my boat got it's name because,  when it got down here,  it sat thru 3 tropical storms and every time I took it camping it would rain,  so she is called "KEEP HER WET"  LOL ,  or maybe that's why it rains so much,  mother nature with a sick sense of humor,  not to mention the sexual innuendo  :grin:

Trigger

HellinnFrnt said:
I don't know that it's a superstition thing as much as you want to put a name to where your money goes to besides ... " That G** D****D Hole in the Water " ...My personal favorites are ... "This One Doesn't Wear Shoes" and "Doesn't Complain" ...see where we're going here?

Hahahahaha!!!  clap.gif

I find I tend to use short phrases more than the name though. Usually something like, " that f****n b**** in the garage" or something of that nature.

ChryslerJet

my first boat I named "Operator Error" due to it being an outboard and I always forgot to open the tank vent so it would die shortly after taking off.

The CJ doesn't have a name yet and neither does the carlson.  I am sure a name will come once they are on the water.

mr rogers

hey CJ, would you like a little help with naming your boats? I am sure we could all come up with a few. :evil:

TexasJet

If the boat doesn't have a name, just go ahead and name it. No superstition or protocal required. If the boat already has a name, that's a different story. Kenny has the link to what's involved in renaming a boat. You have to follow the instructions so you don't get bad Ju Ju.

Don't do it.... just asking for trouble... if you don't like the existing name of a boat you are contemplating purchasing... walk away....
CH