PLOWMAN AND STEEL CREEK PARK CLOSED - BRAZOS RIVER

jimsplace

Due to Government shutdown, Plowman and Steel Creek Parks are closed.  Anyone planning to go this week will not be allowed in the park.
They are Corp of Engineer Parks.

:smile18:

oldbuck40

Hey dont feel bad,,friend of my cousins drove all the way to Yellowstone park from Dallas and as they were pulling up to go in they rolled a big flashing sign out in the road said (CLOSED)

Kinda reminded me of the Griswalds on vacation!

Maybe they the Govt. will stay closed long enough to get thru to some of thick skulled people that voted them into office and wake em up so they will vote them out or impeach a certain numbnutt!

Devilman

Patchman said:
I guess this means I won't be boating on Inks Lake this weekend! think.gif

May be worth a call to find out, unless you were going to hang out at the house anyway.

If you don't get an answer, well, thats probably your answer, lol...

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Well there are two other lakes attached to it, so I will find water one way or another! :smile30:

Dry Dock

oldbuck40 said:
Hey dont feel bad,,friend of my cousins drove all the way to Yellowstone park from Dallas and as they were pulling up to go in they rolled a big flashing sign out in the road said (CLOSED)

Maybe they the Govt. will stay closed long enough to get thru to some of thick skulled people that voted them into office and wake em up so they will vote them out or impeach a certain numbnutt!
\

Thank you for closing our park and ruining everyones weekend!

73 Sanger Flat

Dry Dock said:
oldbuck40 said:

IT SUCKS .. That picture look just like him ..

oldbuck40

Brazos River Rat ( Billy ) said:
Dry Dock said:
oldbuck40 said:

IT SUCKS .. That picture look just like him ..
LOL true but at least the little critter has an honest face! :grin:

oldbuck40

Knotty said:
KONA said:
TexasJet said:
All Corps of Engineers parks and State Parks are closed.  :smile25:

why would state parks be closed :smile21:  crazy.gif

I have the same question, they are not Federally funded?  think.gif
Real simple Henry! The old retired geezers that run the parks will not get their Social Security checks. And guess where those checks come from?

You know the saying : Payday's on Friday and Chit runs downhill! :smile30:

Knotty Girl

oldbuck40 said:
Knotty said:
KONA said:
TexasJet said:

Real simple Henry! The old retired geezers that run the parks will not get their Social Security checks. And guess where those checks come from?

Well that stinks.

Devilman

Knotty said:

They tried shutting down Mt. Vernon too & it has been privately funded for 150 years, so whats that tell ya.. that good ol' big govt. overreaching again... :rolleyes:

oldbuck40

Knotty said:
oldbuck40 said:
Knotty said:
KONA said:
TexasJet said:

Well that stinks.
Chit usually does! :smile30: