Crusader Project

blazeracer

This should get you back on the water while you rebuild the stroker motor so you can take your time and do it right.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/2934861756.html

Then sell the tranny for $75 and recoupe a little $$ to pay for intake and exhaust gaskets. Boat might even be faster running on all eight.

ChryslerJet

X2 check compression on it then if tis good get it clean it up, swap out what you need to on it and bolt it in the boat and go cruising by this weekend.  I wish getting my boat back on the water was that easy.

Crusader

Found out yesterday that I need to do some stringer work as well....so with that said, when the engine is out of the boat, I can do some work on the stringers so they will be able to support the rebuilt powerplant.

I'm going to pass on this engine as the boat will be out of commission anyway.

ChryslerJet

I hate it when problems seem to start calling over their buddies to cause more issues.  Still wouldn't be a bad motor to have for a spare if its any good.  Its from a 75 it may be needing a rebuild if it hasn't had one recently though.  Some one who runs ford up there should get it and put it in a corner make a table out of it until someone on here needs it.

Well Cliff at least you have the whaler but it wont attract as many she/he's as the crusader

blazeracer

ChryslerJet said:
I hate it when problems seem to start calling over their buddies to cause more issues.  Still wouldn't be a bad motor to have for a spare if its any good.  Its from a 75 it may be needing a rebuild if it hasn't had one recently though.  Some one who runs ford up there should get it and put it in a corner make a table out of it until someone on here needs it.

Well Cliff at least you have the whaler but it wont attract as many she/he's as the crusader

Oh yeah. My Glastron had a bad distributor and all this is the result.

http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=10992.0
http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=11382.0
http://www.texashotboats.com/forums/index.php?topic=11838.0

Crusader

No. I'll pull it tomorrow night. I did manage to pull all the components and label each wire. The only thing I need to do is disconnect the bell housing and the motor mounts and the engine is ready to come out.

Upon further inspection of the port stringer, I believe I have a broken motor mount and not a bad stringer. Tomorrows engine pull will tell me for sure what's really going on.

2914a628.jpg

f77ef18e.jpg

Crusader

Is there a better way to mount the alternator on this BBF?? With this setup, I'm having a difficult time maintaining tension and alignment.

Never mind the appearance of dirt...that's rubber residue from a slipping alternator belt......

Any ideas??

557d88de.jpg

sturat

Crusader said:
Is there a better way to mount the alternator on this BBF?? With this setup, I'm having a difficult time maintaining tension and alignment.

Never mind the appearance of dirt...that's rubber residue from a slipping alternator belt......

Any ideas??

557d88de.jpg

Leave the bolt on the block and remove the bracket part and install a heim joint in its place

Crusader

When I looked at the alignment between the crank pulley and the alternator pulling, they were not inline with each other. I thought I corrected this problem at the end of the season last year however since I took the back seat out this time and was able to get a more accurate look at what I had.....I could clearly se they were still out of alignment.

I hear ya on the oil blow by.......

blazeracer

Mine's on the other side, but it has a support bracket in red. Obviously it goes behind the hose, but you get the idea.

Crusader

sturat said:
Crusader said:

Any ideas??

557d88de.jpg

Leave the bolt on the block and remove the bracket part and install a heim joint in its place

A hiem joint? What is that? ......  :smile29:

sturat

Sorry my information was not clear,
A turn buckle with two heim joints.. I will look afor a picture of my set up.

Crusader

blazeracer said:
Mine's on the other side, but it has a support bracket in red. Obviously it goes behind the hose, but you get the idea.

Okay James, that looks like the ticket right there for the alignment issue....I can make a bracket like that...