Rain X

Knotty Girl

Has anyone sprayed Rain X on the bottom of your boat to see if you could get more MPH's out of them?  I have heard of some whacker guys doing this.

Devilman

You gotta be shittin me, lol.... :rolleyes: Sounds like somebody trying to swim-start a jet boat. :cheesy:

You sure somebody is not just yankin yer chain?

KONA77

that's the wackiest thing i've heard.......  OH it came from a wacker guy,  that heard it from another wacker guy  bling.gif :smile27:

Devilman

Well, stranger things have occured I guess... I dunno, suppose it couldn't hurt, but I know when putting it on windows you don't just spray it on. Most hard running wakkerboats (that I've seen)don't have much hull in the water anyway?

scarabscs

Holy crap that is funny...... but you have ro respect the thought process it comes from......

Little johnny ... Dad, look at dem water drops on da window runnin off......

Billy Bob .... Son, i went to da wally world and gots some of dat rain ex fer it....

Little Johnny ... Put dat sheet on yo boat pops, it'll go fast!!!!

Billy Bob ... You smart boy, You must have got your brains from yo mamma

Devilman

scarabscs said:
Holy crap that is funny...... but you have ro respect the thought process it comes from......

Billy Bob .... Son, i went to da wally world and gots some of dat rain ex fer it....

Ok, that fgin cracked me up. Driver  here at the window picking up his ticket thought I was laughing at him, he sez, "whats the matter, did I drag the building or something?" LOL :grin: :grin: :grin:

customtouch

I don't know if Rain-X would work or not. In theory it sounds good but so does waxing the bottom of your boat which also repells the water. However I have been told by many people that waxing the bottom actually slows the boat down. I would assume Rain-X would act the same way.

77Jet Star

scarabscs said:

Sorry you got your facts mixed  that was Patch bob and little Kona that said that $h1t  :smile29:

Devilman

customtouch said:
I don't know if Rain-X would work or not. In theory it sounds good but so does waxing the bottom of your boat which also repells the water. However I have been told by many people that waxing the bottom actually slows the boat down. I would assume Rain-X would act the same way.

Have heard this as well. The speedcoat that people talk about, isn't that actually a "rough" surface, supposed to break up the surface area of the water against the hull? Kinda like the dimples on a golf ball. So if that is true, I ever build something, my boat should be a fast mofo, bottom of it looks like it was drug down a gravel road. :grin:

KONA77

not to mention that the sediment in the water is gonna strip it off anyways,  another year or two,  i won't need to sand the bottom of my boat,  just primer and paint  :smile16:

Becket

Devilman said:
customtouch said:

Have heard this as well. The speedcoat that people talk about, isn't that actually a "rough" surface, supposed to break up the surface area of the water against the hull? Kinda like the dimples on a golf ball. So if that is true, I ever build something, my boat should be a fast mofo, bottom of it looks like it was drug down a gravel road. :grin:
I have heard in the world of Airboats ( I have one ) that to make them faster on the water that a rough surface like bed liner is what you want on the bottom, the rough surface traps air and its like riding on a sheet of air with less surface contact with the water. BUT, not good for dry ground so I guess its where you use it that decides the situ. I would imagine that you wont be bog hopping so???????

Patchman

Administrator
Staff member
Gas-Hole said:
Devilman said:
customtouch said:

I have heard in the world of Airboats ( I have one ) that to make them faster on the water that a rough surface like bed liner is what you want on the bottom, the rough surface traps air and its like riding on a sheet of air with less surface contact with the water. BUT, not good for dry ground so I guess its where you use it that decides the situ. I would imagine that you wont be bog hopping so???????
So when are we going for a ride in your airboat? think.gif :grin:

Becket

Patchman said:
Gas-Hole said:
Devilman said:
customtouch said:

So when are we going for a ride in your airboat? think.gif :grin:
Thinkin I have alot of work to do before I take it out again, I need to TOTALY un-wire it the re-wire it, and replace the fuel tank, it is set up for Floundering and that crap is comming off, it's on the list of projects but it's pretty far down right now!

73 Sanger Flat

Devilman said:
customtouch said:

I have heard the same thing about the golf balls and the dimples in them , and I also heard one of the fast flatbottom out on the west cost is trying this on his flatbottom boat .. I just can't bring myself to dinple the bottom of my boat , maybe it I was racing and needed that extra few MPH than i would ..

Devilman

Saw this topic being browsed by "guests" & decided to check it out... Funny stuff, lol. :cheesy:

So, any of the racers here now trying this?  :grin: