Baffles / Mufflers and Water injection

73 Sanger Flat

This is the fax that I received last year from the Parks and Wildlife  Law Enforcement Division  in Waco

It shows pictures of Legal and Illegal exhaust and also the Flame arrestors ..

See if I can get this PDF file to attach

I printed this and carry it in the boat now .

I am hoping with a picture diagram this will help interpet the regulations when i get pulled over in the boat . .

Billy

Attachments

• TPW Mufflers.pdf
    195.8 KB · Views: 243

Crusader

As with anything the state puts out, simple drawings seem to leave a lot of room for interpretation. Thanks a lot for posting this.......very important information.

Devilman

Thats pretty cool little diagram. I like how they drew the calliope style injection stacks. :grin:

customtouch

I have rarely seen or heard of it being enforced but Lake Travis has a 98 decibel noise ordinance regardless of the type exhaust system. In general they really don't care and it is kind of a pain for them to test you but if they want to be an azz, they can. I don't think most OT headers would pass. Just an FYI.

73 Sanger Flat

That is true . If they want to give you a ticket , then they will.. But I will want to see the decible reading .. Then I will fight it in court ..

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
I have rarely seen or heard of it being enforced but Lake Travis has a 98 decibel noise ordinance regardless of the type exhaust system. In general they really don't care and it is kind of a pain for them to test you but if they want to be an AZZ, they can. I don't think most OT headers would pass. Just an FYI.

Travis will not give you a ticked for noise unless you have a loud stereo in your canoe. It has no water for a motorized boat.  Was there last Thursday and could not believe how low it is.

customtouch

Knotty said:
customtouch said:
I have rarely seen or heard of it being enforced but Lake Travis has a 98 decibel noise ordinance regardless of the type exhaust system. In general they really don't care and it is kind of a pain for them to test you but if they want to be an AZZ, they can. I don't think most OT headers would pass. Just an FYI.

Travis will not give you a ticked for noise unless you have a loud stereo in your canoe. It has no water for a motorized boat.  Was there last Thursday and could not believe how low it is.

They have the meters and it has happened (last I heard was a long time ago) but they can do it!!! And yes, they are more worried about sterios now. The residents in Devils Cove are trying to get everyone run out of there so they passed a lot of goofy ordinances and are trying to inforce them. There are a lot of lawsuits over it but I don't go to the lake to go to court. If you have the money to fight them GREAT, but I don't. Bottom line is that Travis is not what it used to be and not in a good way!!!!

Knotty Girl

customtouch said:
Knotty said:
customtouch said:

They have the meters and it has happened (last I heard was a long time ago) but they can do it!!! And yes, they are more worried about sterios now. The residents in Devils Cove are trying to get everyone run out of there so they passed a lot of goofy ordinances and are trying to inforce them. There are a lot of lawsuits over it but I don't go to the lake to go to court. If you have the money to fight them GREAT, but I don't. Bottom line is that Travis is not what it used to be and not in a good way!!!!

It has been 4 years since I went there.  Just no water.  :smile20:  Back in the 80's I stayed out there.

customtouch

Knotty said:
customtouch said:
Knotty said:
customtouch said:

It has been 4 years since I went there.  Just no water.  :smile20:  Back in the 80's I stayed out there.

I have spent a ton of time on that lake over the last 20 or so years and it used to be a blast. Now, just like with most things, they are trying to regulate all the fun out of it. It was a big part of why I sold my offshore boat!!

customtouch

EMBRACETHEHATE said:
You would be crazy to take a jet out to Travis, you would get swamped!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Actually there are a lot of great places to take jets, v-drives and smaller boats but they are up river or branches off the main body. The bigger boats usually hang out down on the south end but there is always nice water to be found up north.